Something about us
Gaming Innovation Group is a rapidly growing technology business. The Group offers cutting-edge Cloud based services and B2B Performance Marketing, and owns B2C gambling operators offering games from the best-of-breed suppliers across the online sports betting and casino industry.
Our vision is to make the iGaming industry an open and connected eco-system, for the benefit of all.
iGaming Cloud (iGC): our client management platform seeking to interconnect the entire iGaming industry. iGC offers the full spectrum of services for iGaming operators.
Rizk, Thrills, Guts, SuperLenny, Kaboo and Betspin: our multiple award winning online casino and sports betting brands.
Innovation Labs: offering online marketing and true lead generation to iGaming businesses on an international level.
GiG is looking for an experienced superstar to join our Communications team. The ideal candidate to join our team will be someone who has broad Corporate Comms experience in either iGaming or another fast-growing Tech-based industry. We are looking for someone who is an experienced people manager with 7+ years’ experience in Communications. You should also have a good all-round understanding of the workings of corporate/employer branding, social media, corporate advertising, internal comms and public affairs.
You’ll report to the Head of Communications. You will work hand-in-hand with peers in Communications, leadership and product owners to take ownership of our external-facing content. You will create stories, press commentary, blogs and speech notes. You’ll work directly with the industry media to garner interest in our corporate and product messages. You will also be involved in advising on and rolling out local PR strategies for Malta, Marbella, Copenhagen and Norway together with our Senior Internal Comms Manager. This is a senior level role, working closely with executives on issues that are central to the company.
The GiG communications team ensures that GiG is known as the most open and connected employer in iGaming. We work to shape the internal and external conversation about GiG and we engage with press, the public, customers and employees.
What you'll be doing
- Take ownership of external content and media relations.
- Leadership and line management of PR Specialist Malta who manages media and PR locally in Malta (direct report) and leadership and guidance provided to other team members (non direct reports).
- Educate press and other influencers about GiG’s products and services and employee proposition, coaching and prepping executives to act as spokespeople.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with journalists, bloggers and other opinion makers in the iGaming industry, pitching stories where relevant.
- Build relationships with clients, and get them involved in GiG PR.
- Manage the content on the corporate website, ensure it is user friendly and meets brand and style guidelines.
- Ensure we are delivering the right industry PR messages across our corporate social media accounts (YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter).
- Develop and draft a wide range of communications materials including communications plans, press statements, press commentary, advertorials, white papers, social posts and comments, messaging and FAQs, presentations and speeches.
- Work cross-functionally with teams inside and outside communications to achieve goals.
- Identify and manage supplier relationships e.g. PR agency.
- Some (mostly European) travel required.
- 7+ years of relevant PR, media, or corporate communications experience.
- Established media relationships and a solid understanding of iGaming industry.
- Excellent understanding of current affairs and news cycles; knowing the media environment, knowing what is relevant and when via what channel to maximise PR exposure.
- Strong, clear writing style and excellent editing skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly identify trending topics and issues with a defined point of view.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to co-ordinate large media campaigns/campaigns of public interest.
- Ability to engage with senior executives and leadership teams with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong people manager.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, ability to create good working relationships with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Sound judgement and discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Crisis Communications management.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- University degree in Communications/Journalism.
What we offer
We are team workers and cross functional collaborators - we don't have boundaries when it comes to getting work done. There will be lots of opportunities for you to be stretched and challenged in your role, and outside of it. We invest in our people, not just with a great pay and benefits package and the usual free fruit and coffee (and Friday beers), but in focusing on your growth and development - we encourage innovation and 'getting involved' - we celebrate success. We are an inclusive, multi-cultural and diverse company with over 15 different nationalities represented.
Start date: As soon as possible really. Let’s talk about it.
Last application date: We’ll hire as soon as we find a match, apply now.
Location: You are based in Malta.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, GIG encourages applications from all sections of the community.